Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day and Victory Gardens

My prayer is that we will all take a few minutes to remember our wounded and fallen heroes, not only on Memorial Day, but every day as we carry out our plans, enjoying all the cook-outs and fun-filled summer activities that are ours because of those very heroes who fight and give their lives so that we can enjoy ours.  
To help celebrate this Memorial Day, I am offering you these World War II Homefront Memory Collage Digital Sheets.  Just right-click to "Save Picture." I hope these will help you think about our soldiers and this great country that they protect.

Today as I was picking beans in my garden, I thought about the Victory Gardens that Americans had back during World War II.  Their purpose was to help stretch food here at home so our troops overseas could get the food they needed.  
As I picked more and more beans, I thanked the Lord for the bountiful harvest and for our military who makes it possible for us to live in a free America where we can have gardens or anything else we enjoy.
Our Victory Garden. 
They were hanging by the handful.


Thank the Lord for our harvest and for our great country, the home of the free because of the brave. 
 



4 comments:

  1. Inspiring thoughts. You might like the poem, "My Boy Jack," which I posted on my blog; castlepinesnorth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! We can never forget the dangers our military face everyday. God Bless each one of them.
    Your beans looked yummy. It has been soooo many years since I have had bean my parents raised. Brings back fond memories.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good to meet new friends--thank you for your visit and getting my tag!

    Your post is an excellent reminder for me today, and your garden looks wonderful! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just now read this Memorial Day post, but I really liked it! Thank God for the men and women who serve to keep us free!
    I also read some other posts of your canning projects. I loved seeing your little lovies decked-out in your old jewelry, and I think it's wonderful that you put-up all those beans and strawberries. I bet they love your jam!
    Have a sweet summer with your precious kiddies!

    ReplyDelete