Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mom

Happy birthday, Mom.  I've thought about you all day, and you have been right here with me...when I heard the birds singing and remembered how you loved the wild birds...when I made your famous cheese biscuits this morning for breakfast...when I made squash casserole and remembered the little "squashettes" we used to make together up in Eclectic, Alabama...when I took a canning jar from the dishwasher and gave thanks for the many jars of green beans you put up every year and for teaching me how to do it...and mostly, when I picked up Lillie and Lanie for the afternoon and thought how much you would have loved those great-granddaughters, and they you.  I told them today was your birthday.  Lillie said, "Awww...." liked she missed you too.  I look forward to the day we can celebrate together again.  I love you Mom.
Vera Elizabeth,
my mom 

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweet tribute to a beautiful MOM :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tesha. You are a blessing!
      God bless you.
      Regina

      Delete
  2. I still miss my mother and it has been a long time. I think I will do an entry about her on the "s" day. She used to make snow statues; I will write about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, even though it's been a long time, our mothers stay with us in our hearts and we miss them. Love your writings! Blessings to you. Regina

      Delete